Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day . . . . a day to remember loved ones

Sunday after church, we went around the yard and cut fresh flowers and lilacs to decorate family headstones at the cemetary. I still had a few tulips blooming and the lilacs were beautiful so I was able to make a couple pretty bouquets.
I always love to see the flag flying in the yard. Randy humored me by having his photo taken in the yard before we left for the cemetary.
The sun was shining, the yard looked so nice . . . and being a typical Memorial Day weekend I knew the weather could likely change any minute . . . I had to catch the moment while I could.




Randy is placing our bouquet and cleaning around Grandpa's headstone.
Grandma seemed to be in good spirits today as we visited the grave sites. It's been a difficult year for her but she's trying to make the best of it.





It was hard to believe it's been 3 years since my mother died and 17 years since Dad died. The time has passed so quickly. It was a good time on this beautiful Sunday to remember again our loved ones who have passed away . . . and to reflect on how much we owe the good things in our lives to the ones who have gone on before.


1 comment:

TK said...

Thanks for posting the pics. I really wanted to be up there for Memorial Day this year, but it just didn't work out. I especially just wanted to spend a little alone by Grandpa Kendrick...I miss him more and more as time goes on.