Friday, October 10, 2008

Riding with Friends

I've been fortunate lately in being able to enjoy my favorite season . . . FALL! Over the past month or so, I've been able take Olivia to the hills on three different occasions and ride with other women who also love to enjoy some beautiful back country trails on horseback.

This was taken as we was riding along a trail near Upper Mesa Falls, not far from Ashton. Lyn Longhurst is leading the ride on her big quarter horse, "Amos". We started the ride at the Bear Gulch Trail Head, then rode about 5 miles along a high ridge overlooking both Upper and Lower Mesa Falls.
Here we are with some of the beautiful fall colors behind us. It was kind of a busy day with lots of other riders on the trail. Livy hasn't had all the trail experience the other two horses have but she does just fine. Sometimes after we've made the "turn for home"-- back to the trailer, she gets a little excited but she settles back down again. By the time we got back to the horse trailer we'd ridden about 8-10 miles over awesome trails.



This is Carol Polansky, a good friend and ridding partner of Lyn's. It's been a great experience to spend some time with these women, getting acquainted and seeing the countryside from the back of a nice horse.

I've had a wonderful time with Lyn and some of her riding friends. It's a great way to enjoy some scenic trails and spend time with others who enjoy their horses the way I do.

4 comments:

BB&KK said...

How fun!! I'm glad you're able to get out and do fun stuff with the girls! Would love to join you sometime. ~Kris

Riz said...

I love all your blog updates mom...good job. The pictures of you riding horses reminds me when we used to take Sunny and Bars to the hills to ride. I was always nervous but tried not to show it.

How fun that you get to get out with friends to ride! Remember...don't be going out by yourself!

Riz said...

I love all your blog updates mom...good job. The pictures of you riding horses reminds me when we used to take Sunny and Bars to the hills to ride. I was always nervous but tried not to show it.

How fun that you get to get out with friends to ride! Remember...don't be going out by yourself!

Lani said...

Good blogging mom! Glad that you're out enjoying the fall season.