Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Quilt for Ashley and Grace

Early in February, when I went to Kristi's for a weekend visit, she asked me if I could make a quilt for her friend Ashley. I consider her my friend too, it's just that I haven't known her as long--she's a great gal and a ton of fun! Anyway, Ashley was expecting her baby in early April and so I told Kris I'd start working on a quilt for her baby qirl.



So this is the quilt I made for Ashley and her baby daughter Grace Linn. Ashley had told me she was decorating her nursey in pink, brown and green so this is the quilt I designed using those colors. I loved thinking about Ashley and how her life would change with the arrival of a sweet baby girl. I made the quilt large enough so it could be used either in a crib or bed so it could be used for many years as baby Grace grows.
Here's the back of the quilt - - same colors as on the front of the quilt, but showing what the quilt blocks looked like before I cut the 9 patch block apart.
I quilted it on my machine and tried a new design on the border. The design on the border is called "deviled eggs". . .it really did look like eggs.
Another fun project for a sweet new mom and baby daughter.

No comments: